Israel vs Hamas war: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu agreed to a “bridging proposal” from Washington to resolve the issues barring a ceasefire agreement in Gaza and urged Hamas to do the same. Israel vs Hamas war: Official statement of Antony Blinken. Blinken spoke to the media after spending the entire day in talks with Israeli officials. Blinken concluded his two and a half-hour discussion with Netanyahu by describing it as “very constructive.” This was probably the best and maybe the last chance for a settlement, the top US official had said before this journey. The negotiations for a truce and agreement on the repatriation of hostages in Qatar stopped last week without producing any results. However, this week’s talks are anticipated to resume in light of the US proposal to close the gaps between Israel and Hamas. Blinken’s visit coincides with increasing pressure on US President Joe Biden to change his position on the issue as the election nears. His Democratic party began its national convention on Monday amidst pro-Palestinian demonstrations and concerns over Muslim and Arab American votes in swing states.
Trending
- Karnataka shocker: Class 9 student delivers baby in school toilet, 28-year-old man arrested.
- Donald Trump withdraws Kamala Harris’s Secret Service protection.
- ISRO and Japan’s JAXA to collaborate for Chandrayaan-5 mission, says PM Modi.
- Reliance Jio IPO by first half of 2026, Mukesh Ambani says at AGM.
- ‘India is ready to…’: PM Modi’s big message ahead of key Xi Jinping meeting in China.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s tribute to Pujara is a winner; Sunil Gavaskar takes a bow as India’s marathon man calls it a day.
- Hyderabad horror: Taxi driver kills pregnant wife, chops body into parts, throws in river.
- ‘Hanuman Ji was the first to go to space’: BJP’s Anurag Thakur to schoolkids, advises to ‘look beyond textbooks’.