On Wednesday, reports emerged stating that a devastating fire had occurred at dawn in a building in Mangaf, southern Kuwait. The fire resulted in the loss of lives of approximately 42 Indians, with at least five of them being from Kerala. Additionally, over 50 individuals were injured in the incident. Kuwait fire latest news According to media reports, the total number of casualties in the Al-Mangaf building is 49. A total of 42 of them were Indians. The remaining victims are reported to be nationals from Pakistan, the Philippines, Egypt, and Nepal. Late on Wednesday night, the ministry of external affairs released a statement expressing their condolences. The Ministry confirmed that around 40 Indians had lost their lives in the tragic incident, while over 50 others were injured. The Kuwait Times newspaper reported that the incident marked the most severe building fire in Kuwait’s history. It is prompting demands for action against landlords and company owners who flout the law by accommodating large numbers of foreign labourers in highly unsafe conditions to save money. Kuwait fire victims According to The Indian Express, among the casualties was Vadakkottuvilayil Lukose, a 48-year-old supervisor at NBTC group, led by managing director KG Abraham, a businessman from Kerala.
Originally from Adichanalloor panchayat in Kollam, Lukose had been residing in Kuwait for the past 18 years. Onmanorama, citing his relatives, reported that Shameer Umarudheen qas a heavy vehicle driver from Vayyankara in Kerala. He may have leaped from the flat in a state of panic. He was the second son of Umarudheen and Safeena. He was married to Surumi. Shameer and his family had previously lived in Payyakode in Pooyapally gram panchayat before relocating to Vayyankara. He tied the knot two years ago. He had contacted his parents and family from Kuwait just four days prior. He had last visited home nine months ago, as per reports. A relative of Shameer informed news agency ANI that the family received news of the tragedy at 11am on Wednesday.
Trending
- Karnataka shocker: Class 9 student delivers baby in school toilet, 28-year-old man arrested.
- Donald Trump withdraws Kamala Harris’s Secret Service protection.
- ISRO and Japan’s JAXA to collaborate for Chandrayaan-5 mission, says PM Modi.
- Reliance Jio IPO by first half of 2026, Mukesh Ambani says at AGM.
- ‘India is ready to…’: PM Modi’s big message ahead of key Xi Jinping meeting in China.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s tribute to Pujara is a winner; Sunil Gavaskar takes a bow as India’s marathon man calls it a day.
- Hyderabad horror: Taxi driver kills pregnant wife, chops body into parts, throws in river.
- ‘Hanuman Ji was the first to go to space’: BJP’s Anurag Thakur to schoolkids, advises to ‘look beyond textbooks’.