Although Trump often spends weekends at his resort, he was at the White House during this incident. In a massive security scare, an armed man reportedly entered the premises of US President’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach in Florida, the US Secret Service said on Sunday. Though it is known that Trump usually spends his weekends at the resort, he and First Lady Melania Trump were at the White House in Washington when the alleged incident took place on Saturday night. The identity of the armed trespasser has not been officially released yet. However, the suspect was reportedly in his early 20s and from North Carolina, and was reported missing a few days ago by his family.
Secret Service said the person was “observed by the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.” The incident took place at 1:30 a.m. Sunday. According to investigators, the suspect is likely to have left North Carolina after which he moved south and picked up a shotgun while on the way, Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, adding that the box for the gun was recovered in his vehicle.
Officials said the suspect man drove through the north gate of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort while another vehicle was leaving. He was confronted by the agents of the Secret Service and was shot dead.
He was shot by Secret Service agents and a Palm Beach County sheriff deputy, according to the Secret Service. Trump has been the target of several assassination plots or attempts. Earlier this month, Ryan Routh, 59, who plotted to assassinate the president at a Florida golf course in September 2024, two months before the US election, was sentenced to life in prison.

