The gunmen stopped several buses, trucks and vans and individuals from Punjab were identified and shot. At least 23 people were killed after they were forced out of their vehicles and shot by Gunmen in southwest Pakistan on Monday, PTI reported. According to AFP, the militants stopped several buses, trucks and vans and shot people after checking their ethnicity in the district of Musakhail in Balochistan province. Five people were injured. “At least 22 people were killed and five injured when militants stopped several busses, trucks and vans on a highway connecting Punjab with Balochistan,” Najibullah Kakar, a senior official in Musakhail, told AFP. “Vehicles travelling to and from Punjab were inspected, and individuals from Punjab were identified and shot,” he added. Assistant Commissioner Musakhail Najeeb Kakar said that armed men blocked the inter-provincial highway in the Rarasham district of Musakhel and offloaded passengers, reported Dawn. They also set 10 vehicles on fire. He added that the people have reached the spot and shifted the bodies to a hospital. Hameed Zehri, another senior official in the district, confirmed the toll to AFP. “It seems that the BLA (Baloch Liberation Army) terrorists are behind the incident,” he said. The BLA is the most active militant separatist group in the region. Balochistan chief minister Sarfaraz Bugti condemned the incident and offered condolences to the families of those killed. He also said that the Balochistan government will pursue the terrorists and they will not be able to escape an exemplary end, according to Dawn. According to Associated Press, the outlawed Baluch Liberation Army had warned people to stay away from the highways. However, no immediate claim of responsibility behind the attack has been taken so far. The separatists in Baluchistan have often killed workers and others from the country’s eastern Punjab region as part of a campaign to force them to leave the province.
Trending
- Karnataka shocker: Class 9 student delivers baby in school toilet, 28-year-old man arrested.
- Donald Trump withdraws Kamala Harris’s Secret Service protection.
- ISRO and Japan’s JAXA to collaborate for Chandrayaan-5 mission, says PM Modi.
- Reliance Jio IPO by first half of 2026, Mukesh Ambani says at AGM.
- ‘India is ready to…’: PM Modi’s big message ahead of key Xi Jinping meeting in China.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s tribute to Pujara is a winner; Sunil Gavaskar takes a bow as India’s marathon man calls it a day.
- Hyderabad horror: Taxi driver kills pregnant wife, chops body into parts, throws in river.
- ‘Hanuman Ji was the first to go to space’: BJP’s Anurag Thakur to schoolkids, advises to ‘look beyond textbooks’.